The Future of Your Company’s Retirement Plan
As an employer, you share the responsibility for guiding your employees toward making decisions that will afford them greater financial freedom in retirement. But here’s the quandary: Just as your workers look to you for financial guidance and advice, you must seek out an expert to help you navigate plan regulation and administration.
Do the following issues look familiar to your retirement plan committee?
- New regulations that add to the complexity of administration
- Fiduciary pressures to provide prudent investment options
- Timely (and potentially complex) fee disclosures to your participants
- Outside advisors whose allegiances are split between plan providers and investment managers
- Watershed regulations that require greater transparency about disclosing relationships between plan sponsors and their advisors
- Employees who feel they cannot afford to save, but are being courted by your competitors through their benefits programs
- Concerns over your employees’ retirement readiness
Your need for competent, objective retirement plan and investment advice—from an advisor you can trust—has never been greater. That’s why your plan should work with an independent retirement plan representative supported by LPL Financial.
The advisor: A powerful extension of your retirement plan committee
Four key tenets for running an effective retirement plan drive the partnership between your retirement plan advisor and LPL:
- Unbiased advice: Your retirement plan representative can act as a co-fiduciary of your plan under ERISA section 3(21) for ongoing investment advice. Our advisors are paid by you—and not by any product sponsor.
- Meaningful, timely information and research: Your retirement plan representative can offer you deep industry insights and knowledge of the regulatory landscape that help enable you to make informed choices for your plan’s individual needs.
- Easy access to value-added investments and services: Your retirement plan representative can deliver proprietary research that’s designed to help you tap the world’s most talented investment management teams.
- Unparalleled service: Your retirement plan representative firm is committed to providing what you and your employees deserve and expect—great financial education at enrollment and one-on-one meetings.
About LPL Financial
LPL Financial is one of the leading financial services companies and the largest independent broker/dealer in the nation*. For more than four decades, the firm has served as an enabling partner, supporting financial advisors in their goals of protecting and growing their clients’ wealth. A chief objective of LPL Financial is to reduce the complexity of running a financial services practice so advisors can focus on what they do best help their clients attain their financial goals and fulfill their dreams.
With headquarters on both coasts, LPL Financial supports financial advisors in helping their clients by offering a robust mix of services and tools such as:
- Enabling technology
- Comprehensive clearing and compliance services
- Practice management programs and training
- Independent research
Thousands of financial advisors nationwide rely on LPL Financial to help meet their clients’ financial needs. They do so by using the firm’s tools and resources that help them discover their clients’ priorities, dreams, and passions; analyze and develop financial plans that support every stage of their clients’ lives; and make product recommendations that put clients on the path to pursuing their goals.
For more information about LPL Financial, visit www.lpl.com.
* As reported in Financial Planning magazine June 1996-2016, based on total revenues.